Natural Way of Living



1. Stopped eating stuff cooked outside. Earlier I used to eat lot of junk food at hotels, restaurants, bakeries and roadside stalls. I haven’t touched them after started following Dr. Raju’s way of living.

2. Stopped eating of rice in dinner. I have been regularly taking Phulka’s in dinner without missing. This has helped me getting me deep sleep at nights. Since I work 12 hours a day, (10Am to 10 PM) I always felt short of deep sleep. Since, Phulka’s take no much time to get digested; I dont feel tired and deprived of deep sleep these days.



3. Stopped eating Idlies, dosas, poories, vadas and other fried and cooked items in breakfast. Instead of them I have started eating Dr. Raju’s recommended breakfast with sprouted seeds. I used to soak a couple of grasps of groundnuts, Bengal grams, moong beans, black eyed beans in water in different bowls separately for a period of 5 to 6 hours and then take them out and knot them in neatly washed clothes and sprinkle water regularly on them to keep them fresh. By morning the sprouts begins to rise from the seeds. I take these sprouted seeds as my breakfast every day. Sprouted seeds are considered to be very nutritious and healthy.


4. Replaced white Rice with Brown Rice at lunch. Since brown rice (mudi biyyam in telugu) has more nutrients I started eating brown rice at lunch. Since there is a long gap between my lunch and dinner time, I used to get hungry by evening 5 PM before when I was eating white rice. But after eating brown rice I realized that it’s taking long time to digest and not making me feel hungry by evening. More over, I find it chewy and tastier than white rice. 

5. Gradually stopped drinking tea and coffee. Before, I used to take 3 to 4 cups of tea a day. Stopping a habit immediately is not easy for anybody. It took me four months to do so. I gradually reduced the intake of tea and totally stopped it now since one month.

6. Reduced Oil, Salt and Spice. Dr. Mantena Satya Narayana Raju considers them as the mentors for creating health problems. All the health issues are associated with these three factors in food. We Indians are so addicted to these three elements of food that it is not easy for anybody to take apart from them. I haven’t got control over them yet, though I reduced the intake of oily, salty and spicy food to a great extent. It may take a few months more to stop them completely to be honest.


7. Drink 5 to 6 Litres of water every day. I drink a litre of water as soon as I wake up in the morning and walk for ten minutes. This creates pressure on the small intestine and helps in cleaning the stomach. The water flushes the intestines and makes it clean. Again after some time I drink another litre of water. This flushes the remains in the stomach if any. I do not take any water during and after the food for about two hours. This is because, taking water during and after food dissolves the digestive gases in our stomach. If the digestive gases dissolve no proper digestion takes place. After two hours of every food break I drink 3 to 5 litres of water.   

8. Stopped drinking concentrated drinks like cola, pepsi etc., available in the market. Early I used to drink lots and lots of cool drinks during summer. This summer, I hadn’t touched them. Instead I preferred to drink fruit juices as and when possible.

9. Reduced consuming non-vegetarian food. I used to eat non-vegetarian food once or twice a week. I can't say I had completely stopped eating non-vegetarian food but I haven't eaten it for long at home. I occasionally ate non-veg at marriages and other functions of my friends and relatives where I found it hard to avoid. After realizing the ill effects of the non-veg food, I don't feel as enthusiastic as before for non-veg food. I feel, I may overcome this hurdle very soon and stop consuming non-veg food completely in the near future.

Sprouted seeds and beans, brown rice, phulka’s have become a part of my life style these days. Another good thing happened to me was that my wife too has started to give me a company. She too has included this menu in her diet. I noticed other members of my family are now gradually getting accustomed to low spice, salt and oil food. This welcome change in my family members has encouraged me to start this blog. I hope 1 out of 100 might find this blog useful and change if not try to change his/her life style to stay fit and healthy. In my post, I would be revealing various secrets of Dr. Mantena Satyanarayana Raju’s theory of “Natural way of living”. Before that I feel it essential to tell you a few things about Dr. Raju. So keep watching the space for my next update on Dr. Mantena Satyanaraya

Comments